Christmas is just around the corner, but it’s easy to overlook the important tasks that need to be done before you can close the door on another year.
We like to finish knowing we’re all set for a prosperous New Year, so we’ve made a “Things I Need To Remember To Do Before I Leave The Office And Totally Devote Myself To Christmas” list.
Here it is:
- Line up all of your email campaigns for the rest of December and into the new year.
- Schedule your social media posts. Have you made your messages relevant to the holidays?
- Send all the Christmas cards.
- Call everyone you promised to get back to before the new year.
- Pay your staff early (can you guess who put that on the list?)
- Emptied the office fridge. Nobody wants to come back to mouldy milk!
- Have a Christmas decoration removal strategy. Taking down the cards and packing away the decorations first thing on a January morning only makes the Post-Christmas blues worse.
- Send out a Christmas emailer to your customers, wishing them a happy New Year and thanking them for helping your success this year.
- Are there any final discounts you can offer to your clients to persuade them to buy with you in the New Year?
- Finalise your marketing plan for the year (or at least have a solid structure outlined)
- Change the voicemail message. Let people know how long you’re closed for Christmas and when you’ll be back. Remember to wish them a Happy New Year!
- Set up ‘out of office’ email auto responders.
- And finally, celebrate the successes of 2014 and ponder the lessons. It’s always worth reflecting on what you’ve achieved this year and want to take into the next year.